Anyone for SLIP

Ron Wilson rlw at ttardis.UUCP
Wed Jul 11 08:52:35 AEST 1990

In article <6450 at helios.TAMU.EDU>, billg at cs.tamu.edu (William Gunshannon) writes:
>Speaking of SLIP, does anyone know if the printer port on the
>3b1 is bi-directional??  Would make for a faster connection
>between machines!!!
>
>bill gunshannon

yes and no.

you can use - with a driver - use 4 of the 5 control signal ins for
data - FastLynx, DeskLink, Brooklin Bridge and several other MS-DOS
file transfer utilities do this.

In fact, there is an EtherNet interface that connects this way.

- Ron

"We were wondering when somebody would discover that one."
	- The response of a customer support rep to a customer's phoned in
	  bug report (name of company with held to protect the guilty).

                                     iwblsys\
rlw at ttardis	    uunet!rel.mi.org!cfctech!ttardis!rlw
                sharkey.cc.umich.edu/