Newcommer

Einar Bergsson einar at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Sun May 6 18:42:34 AEST 1990

    Hi All!

    I am a total newcommer into this AT&T UNIX PC world, because I just bought
a UNIX PC 7300.  Naturally I have a bundel of questions to ask, like:

	Is there an alias for 7300, like 3b1?
	ANd coulod someone please explain the difference between the
	6300....7300, and 3B1..3Bn, so I know what people are talking
	about in this news group.

	This machine has a 20 meg HDrive, which (Needless to say) is way
	too small to run System V (Ver. 3.51) on.  What is a reasonably
	inexpensive way of getting that up to +60 meg?

	The C-compiler complains when I try to compile some if the C code
	that I have written for classes, why? (It is K&R code) And why can't
	I find the include files? (Note: The compiler claims that it can't
	find the stdio.h file. etc.)

	Where can I find kermit that will work perfectly?  And if you are
	going to tell me to get one at watsun.columbia.edu, which one???

	What is voice mail?

Thanks....

-Einar......

--
   Internet: einar at csd4.csd.uwm.edu ||    Claimer:
   Bell-net: 1-414-962-9452         ||       All the opinions expressed above