6300+ and 1.44mg 3.5" drive

Wayne Fee acs at uncecs.edu
Fri May 4 01:44:40 AEST 1990

 I recently saw a posting in which someone requested info on how
to get a 1.44mg 3.5" drive to work in a 6300+; I now need to know
how to do this but I could find no response to the original poster
on how its down.
Background: 6300+, ATTDOS 3.3 and ROM ver 2.05
Best I could do was get the 3.5" drive to format to 1.2mg; I tried
using DRIVPARM and even DRIVER.SYS but they were no help; DRIVPARM
to me seems the obvious thing to use.  The drive switches on the
motherboard only seen to tell the machine whether or not it has
drives of 48TPI or 96TPI installed (I think that was all, I don't
have the manual with me know).
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Also, I remember a while back there was some discussion of bugs
in various versions of DRIVPARM; does anyone remember or have any
of this info?

Thanks to all for any help.

Wayne Fee, Academic Computing Services
Appalachian State U.

EMAIL: FEEJW at CONRAD.APPSTATE.EDU   or   FEEJW at APPSTATE (BITNET)
       ACS at ECSVAX.UNCECS.EDU