switch settings for AT&T 470 on a unix-pc?

Jon H. LaBadie jon at jonlab.UUCP
Thu May 3 08:41:51 AEST 1990

In article <29392 at cup.portal.com>, thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>> jan at bagend.UUCP (Jan Isley) in <106 at bagend.UUCP> writes:
>> 	Help!  Subject line says all.
>
> Well, assuming the AT&T 470 *DOES* in fact use the same ROMs as does the
> C.Itoh 8510 (contrasted with the different ROMs in the Apple Imagewriter and
I'm using (note, did not buy and do not have manual for) an AT&T 475.
Like Thad says, it is based on the C.Itoh 8510.  However, I suspect
those ROMs are different.  I have pages from the 8510 manual and some of
the print features listed for the 8510 are not available on the 475. :-(

On the 475 I have, the switch banks all have some sort of label,
generally a plastic adhesive thing-a-majig (technical term).  The
UNIX-PC Owner's Manual appendix D, on page 4 and 5 lists suggested
switch settings for the 470 and 475.  I'm looking at mine, and I've
added a note to the 475 listing saying it disagrees with the manual
page for the 470 command in section 1.  Apparently the manual page
worked better for me as the note says I followed the manual page.

In case Jan has no Owner's Manual (I can't believe that) here is the
appendix listing (C = closed, O = open):

        1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
  SW1   O   C   O   O   C   C   O   O
  SW2   C   O   O   C   O   C   C   O
  SW3   C   O   C   O   -   -   -   -

> << Thad waxes eloquently about the print quality >>

Maybe the 8510 is fine, but I sure do not like the 475.

> If anyone's interested, I also have a "setlp <n>" ...

I'm looking forward to your posting.

--
Jon LaBadie
{att, princeton, bcr}!jonlab!jon