Anybody using a Miniscribe 3085?

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Fri Nov 2 12:51:37 AEST 1990

Hi folks.  I just got my hands on a miniscribe 3085 drive.  The specs
are 80Mb/half height with 1170 cylinders and 7 heads.  MFM recording.
Sounds good so far (especially once one has the 2010 for the added
cylinders).

So, when I tried it tonight, the darn thing refused to work.  Gave
the standard "can't recal" with the diagnostic.  Not even a flash on
the LED.  Any suggestions from the house staff?  It worked with a
clone (XT running msdos) using a standard western digital controller.

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility
jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu			jeffrey at ccnysci.BITNET
	Anywhere!{cmcl2,philabs,phri}!ccnysci!jeffrey