LOGIN.C src for UNIX-PC

Linda L. Lassor lll at eci.UUCP
Thu Nov 22 05:35:29 AEST 1990

There was recently an article in UNIX-WORLD that described src to
login.c (public domain)... it works on the unix-pc, BUT for some
reason it screws up other programs... like passwd.  Passwd thinks
I am "LOGIN" ....

This is a real pain... I would like to know if anyone has had any
luck with this, or if someone has another version src that works...
If so, please send me a copy... thanks so much!

Also has anyone had any luck in implementing John F. Haugh's
shadow login programs on the 3b1?  That's what I would prefer... but
it doesn't quite work right with the 3b1 as it is...

Thanks..

REPLY TO:  uunet!eci!wfc