comp.sys.3b1? (was Re: Monthly posting about Unix-PC networ

Mark Horn sparkie at khan.cs.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 15 16:32:46 AEST 1990

In article <35841 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:

[ ... ]

>The above, coupled with John's other anecdotes, presents a VERY compelling
>case to initiate inquiry into forming a comp.sys.unix-pc.* hierarchy.  I
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ ... ]

This is probably pre-mature, since we haven't even had a call for discussion,
yet, BUT! before that happens, whoever does organize the call for discussion,
should consider what we call the hierarchy.  I currently have access to
the unix-pc.* groups and it's very nice.  It's also very ANNOYING when some
bozo who doesn't have a hint as to what an AT&T Unix PC is posts some dumb
question about running Xenix on his '386 box.  I would suggest that we call
the hierarchy comp.sys.3b1.* to avoid the confusion.

I just want to remind whomever might organize this venture, to have that
be addressed in the call for discussion, and subsequent call for votes.

$.02
- sparkie
P.S.	Please Please Please do not reply to the account from which this
	was posted.  Instead, reply to one of the following:
		harier!sparkie at cs.wisc.edu
		sparkie at picard.cs.wisc.edu
	tnx.
--