comp.sys.3b1??

Curtis Yarvin cgy at cs.brown.edu
Tue Nov 20 11:35:42 AEST 1990

In article <234 at zebra.UUCP> vern at zebra.UUCP (Vernon C. Hoxie) writes:
>In article <594 at lock60.UUCP>, mhw at lock60.UUCP (Mark H. Weber) writes:
>>
>> I visit news.groups occasionally, and have a copy of the current mainstream
>> newsgroup creation guidelines. I would be willing to shepherd the group(s)
>> through the tortuous path of newsgroup creation. I have a well-connected
>> site, and would be willing to collect the votes.
>
>	Last week dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US also offered to take a
>poll.  I suggest you two combine your efforts and repeat your requests
>for a straw poll every other day or so for two weeks.

Well, I'm for it.  And I think I represent a fairly significant, if mostly
silent, community: people who don't have news on their unixpcs, but read it
at work.  It's pretty difficult to persuade a sysadmin to carry an obscure
hierarchy if you're the only one who wants it.  And, because of phone-line,
diskspace, and financial limitations, I can't set up news on my own machine.
	Let me ask another question:  Is there anyone out there who gets
unix-pc.* but couldn't get comp.sys.3b1 if it was created?  If not, it's
clearly time to switch.  Having a separate hierarchy for an obsolete,
quasi-orphaned machine is killing mosquitoes with an H-bomb.

		-Curtis

"I tried living in the real world
 Instead of a shell
 But I was bored before I even began." - The Smiths