CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.sys.3b1

Orlan Cannon oc at vmp.com
Tue Nov 20 13:56:51 AEST 1990

In article <72909 at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> templon at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (jeffrey templon) writes:
>I for one concur with nearly everything Mr. Isley said in his posting.
>I think he left out one other reason for creating comp.sys.3b1:
>
>One other reason for creating comp.sys.3b1 is that now we are having lots
>of erroneous posts to unix-pc.* by people who are running *nix clones
>on their 80xx6 PC-clone machines, thinking that unix-pc means "unix on
>an IBM-PC (clone) machine.

Not to mention that "unix-pc" is listed as an "alternative" distribution,
which means that news administrators are likely to associate it more with
"alt.sex.pictures" than with a normally distributed discussion group about
a particular hardware platform.

Orlan Cannon                            oc at vmp.com
Video Marketing & Publications, Inc.    (800) 627-4551
Oradell, NJ 07649