CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.sys.3b1

John R. MacMillan john at chance.UUCP
Tue Nov 27 01:32:40 AEST 1990

dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US (David H. Brierley) writes:

|Anyway, here is my input to the discussion, tempered by the many responses
|I got to my informal survey.  I think we should create two newsgroups.
|First, comp.sys.3b1 (unmoderated) for discussions of all aspects of the
|3b1/7300 machine.  This would include the contents of the current unix-pc.*
|groups with the exception of unix-pc.sources.  Second, comp.sources.3b1
|(moderated) for postings of source programs specific to the 3b1 and for
|patches to those programs.  The reason for a separate group is to make it
|easier for sites that would want to archive the sources.  The reason for
|the moderated status is to ensure that the group is suitable for archiving.
|I am willing to volunteer as the moderator and am willing to provide as
|much or as little moderation as people want (i.e. is it a source = post it
|as opposed to unpack everything and test it).

I agree about the group names, and moderated status of the sources
group.  I'd suggest very "light" moderation, and I'm certainly
willing to have Dave moderate.

|Oh yeah, once the new groups are created (assuming that they are), the
|old unix-pc.* groups should be disbanded.

Agreed.  Otherwise, there will be yet another place we have to watch
for stuff, and we'll still get '386 postings...
--
John R. MacMillan          | I'm in love with a McDonald's girl
john at chance.UUCP           | She's an angel in a polyester uniform