3B2/300 [NVRAM SANITY FAILURE]

Philip A. Gross pag at tcsc3b2.tcsc.com
Wed Nov 28 04:36:04 AEST 1990

venta at otello.sublink.org (Paolo Ventafridda) writes:

>In article <36122 at nigel.ee.udel.edu>, rohn at cis.udel.edu (David C. Rohn) writes:
>> I have recently gotten hold of a 3B2/300 running system V. Upon trying to
>> boot the machine I get the following:
>>
>> 	FW ERROR 1-01:	NVRAM SANITY FAILURE
>> 			DEFAULT VALUES ASSUMED
>> 			IF REPEATED, CHECK THE BATTERY

This typically is due to the lithium battery running out of juice and needs
to be replaced.  The battery is a TADIRAN TL-5242 3.6V High Energy Lithium
Battery.  You can either pay through the nose to get it from AT&T or check
out a PC magazine to find the name of a computer battery supplier who may
carry this type of battery.  You will have to remove the card cage from
the motherboard in order to install the replacement.

>> 	FW ERROR 1-02:	DISK SANITY FAILURE

This may be fixed by using the IDTOOLS diskette that comes with the AT&T
3B2 Maintenance Reference Manual.  There is an option when using this
diskette for fixing a disk's sanity.  Otherwise, at the worst you might
have to reformat and partition the drive, etc.

Philip A. Gross       The Computer Solution Co., Inc.       Voice: 804-794-3491
INTERNET:	pag at tcsc3b2.tcsc.com
USENET:		...!tcsc3b2!pag
UUCP:		tcsc3b2!pag	(804)794-1514
ATTMAIL:	attmail!tcsc3b2!pag
        The opinions expressed here are strictly mine and nobody elses.
        << I haven't heard what I have to say about that yet. >> :-)
Philip A. Gross       The Computer Solution Co., Inc.       Voice: 804-794-3491
INTERNET:	pag at tcsc3b2.tcsc.com