CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.sys.3b1

Jan Isley jan at bagend.uucp
Wed Nov 21 13:05:53 AEST 1990

In article <73146 at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> templon at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (jeffrey templon) writes:

>Hey, guys, aren't we supposed to be crossposting to news.groups?  I xposted
>my two cents' worth.  Someone knowledgeable straighten us out on this.

I did not crosspost my original to news.groups.  Sort of waiting for the
official posting in news.announce.newgroups.

I even took news.groups out of this followup.  Yes, I am being paranoid.
Why?  Regardless of what we may agree to in the unix-pc groups, the debate
that may or may not generate a vote *must* take place in news.groups.  The
guidlines are very clear on that.  news.groups has been the home of more
flame fests than alt.flame.  There are enough people in the net world who
will send in a no vote because the CFD had a word mispelled in it.  So, I
chose to give it a week.  Because he has a real job too, Eliot does the
news.announce.newgroup postings on Sundays.  My mail to him bounced at
least twice so even if I met the letter of the guidelines, it will not
show up until this weekend.

My rationale for this is that it gives us an extra week to build up a
consensus within our own community before we have to justify it to a
world that gets out of bed each day looking for something to be against.
So, I exagerate a little, but only a little.  take your pick :-) | )-:

Now, someone disagree with me so that we can have a DISCUSSION.

Jan
--
Do not suffer the company of fools.  | home jan at bagend 404-434-1335
Buddha                               | known_universe!gatech!bagend!jan