CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.sys.3b1

David C Lawrence tale at rpi.edu
Wed Nov 21 05:19:30 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov20.025651.11472 at vmp.com> oc at vmp.com (Orlan Cannon) writes:

   Not to mention that "unix-pc" is listed as an "alternative" distribution,
   which means that news administrators are likely to associate it more with
   "alt.sex.pictures" than with a normally distributed discussion group about
   a particular hardware platform.

I'm sorry, but anyone who is doing that is pretty lame.  While I am
sure some admins insist on primarily carrying the hierarchies which
were formed from the Great Renaming, associating unix-pc with
alt.sex.pictures rather than comp.sys.* is just patently absurd.

In two weeks worth of news here, just under half of the articles in
unix-pc are crossposted to mainstream groups and this seems typical
for it.   87 non-crossposted articles in two weeks in the whole
hierarchy.  If this group is created, what will become of unix-pc?
Should it continue to plod along or could we disband it?
--
   (setq mail '("tale at cs.rpi.edu" "tale at ai.mit.edu" "tale at rpitsmts.bitnet"))