Monthly posting about Unix-PC network

Karl Swartz kls at ditka.UUCP
Wed Nov 7 21:31:38 AEST 1990

In article <35660 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>kls at ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) in <30978 at ditka.UUCP> writes in response to one
>of my blatherings, er ..., postings:

>	I'm also willing to help folks wanting an nntp feed of unix-pc, either
>	showing them which of their feeds already carry it, or if necessary I
>	can help them arrange a feed through Stanford University.

Note that Stanford is an nntp feed.  This is for Internet sites;
uucp-only sites need not apply.  But read on ...

>Now THAT is interesting!  The question about "feeds" continuously comes up
>during the local user group meetings, and my "pat" answer was to contract
>with PORTAL, btr.com, or netcom (or netsys (sorry, keep confusing these two))

Must be netcom since the Feds still had netsys at last note.  :-(

>for a full or partial feed along with email.  Karl, I'd be happy to assist
>this effort; let's continue this in email and I'll summarize after the details
>are worked out.

Not many details to work out -- anybody willing to call San Jose is
welcome to a mail and/or news feed (unix-pc up to a full feed) from
ditka; anybody willing to call Cary, Illinois is welcome to whatever
is available on royko.  If it's a local call, I'll call them too.  I
have posted this offer before, as have Lenny and others -- there are
lots of feeds of the unix-pc groups around for the asking.  It's that
simple.

I can also help find feeds in many other areas if necessary -- both
in the Bay Area and elsewhere.  I exchange unix-pc with numerous
sites, ranging from local Silicon Valley sites to well-known sites
in Chicago, Atlanta, Portland, and others, to obscure places like
Flagstaff, Arizona.  I'm sure most of them would be willing to
share the wealth, as would many, many sites that I don't talk to.

Anyway, the only other details are the ones in my signature.

--
Karl Swartz			 |UUCP	{uunet,decwrl}!daver!ditka!kls
1-408/223-1308			 |INet	kls at ditka.chicago.com
"I never let my schooling get in |BIX	kswartz
the way of my education."(Twain) |Snail	1738 Deer Creek Ct., San Jose CA 95148