6300+ and DOS MS-Word

John R. Brinkema brinkema at fjc.GOV
Fri Nov 16 08:56:31 AEST 1990

I have a 6300 Plus on which I am trying to run MS-Word 5.0.  The integral
mouse does not work correctly with this application; each movement of the
mouse acts like a menu select key.  Word 3.0 works fine; Windows 3.0 and
Word for windows works ok.

I contacted MS, which said that I need AT&T ROM v2.0 or later (I do), and
a recent mouse driver from Logitech (the manufacturer of the mouse for AT&T).
I called Logitech which said sure thay had a more recent driver, but it would
not work with the AT&T 6300 (or 6300+) because of the way the mouse is inter-
faced with the keyboard rather than a serial port (the normal Logictech way).

I have ordered Word 5.5 which uses a slightly different interface and *may*
work, but I am not optimistic.

Any suggestions.  Plese mail responses as I'm not a regular reader
(brinkema at fjc.gov); post if you think it is interesting.  tnx.  jb.