comp.sys.3b1? (was Re: Monthly posting about Unix-PC networ

Ron Wilson rlw at ttardis.UUCP
Fri Nov 30 01:17:34 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov28.001913.17990 at uncle.uucp>, donlash at uncle.uucp (Donald Lashomb) writes:
>In article <1990Nov26.054429.1994 at uncle.uucp> jbm at uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) writes:
>[...]
>>I don't think we would warrent a comp.sources.3b1. I would suggest posting
>>sources right in comp.sys.3b1, but only by a designated poster (moderator),
>[...]
>
>I don't like the idea of limiting the posting of sources to only one person.
>I understand that source postings are great bandwidth eaters at times.
>However, there doesn't seem to be an over-abundance of bandwidth-eating
>in unix-pc.sources now, I doubt that there would be much in a new group
>either.  Let anybody who has source to share do so without hassles.

The copy of the guidelines I have (although rather outdated - 1987) says
that sources must go under comp.sources.xxxx and MUST be moderated.  I
think it would be safe to assume (yes I know, "never assume.....") that
the net.guardians will swamp us with "no" votes if we don't follow this
"commandment."

About MS-DOS: "... an OS originally designed for a microprocessor that modern
                kitchen appliances would sneer at...."
                   - Dave Trowbridge, _Computer Technology Review_, Aug 90

                                     iwblsys\
rlw at ttardis	    uunet!rel.mi.org!cfctech!ttardis!rlw
                sharkey.cc.umich.edu/
    rel.mi.org is currently sick - back in 2 weeks.