Screen Power-down switch (Was Re: 3B1 Electric bill!)

Mark C. Otto mco at slimer.UUCP
Thu Oct 4 15:37:15 AEST 1990

In article <1454 at svin02.info.win.tue.nl> wsinpdb at svin02.info.win.tue.nl (Paul de Bra) writes:
>In article <258 at ramecs.UUCP> car at ramecs.UUCP (Chris Rende) writes:
>>My electric bill increased by $20 per month!

[...Other good points deleted...]

>So part of a solution to your problem is to mess with the internals a bit
>to install a power switch for the screen.
>
>Paul.
>(debra at research.att.com)

Yeah. I've been wondering about this a bit myself.  If either of you decide
to go ahead and try to install such a switch, be sure to post a message
in this group so we can all benefit (especially if your results are good).
I personally know of at least four people who would be interested in this
modification if good, knowledgeable, people like yourselves were to do a
nice, clear concise writeup of the procedure.  I *KNOW* I could save at least
$10.00 monthly on my electric bill and probably *DOUBLE* the life expectancy
of my monitor in the process. Yeah. That's the ticket.

--
Mark C. Otto   EMail: mco at slimer, {teemc | hpftc}!slimer!mco
Voice: 1-313-441-4264    USnail: 5133 Heather #208, Dearborn, MI. 48126