3B1 Electric bill!

Robert E. Stampfli res at cbnews.att.com
Wed Oct 3 13:54:08 AEST 1990

In article <258 at ramecs.UUCP>, car at ramecs.UUCP (Chris Rende) writes:
> My electric bill increased by $20 per month!
>
> Is this reasonable?!

I have run a Unix-PC pretty much continuously for several years.  It appears
to me that it costs less than $10/month here in Central Ohio, where electric
costs about 7-8 cents/KWH.  The obvious unknown is your cost per KWH.  I have
a half-meg motherboard, and a couple combo cards, but I really doubt that
the configuration alters the amount of electric consumed much.

Definitely, though, something most people don't consider is that over the
life of the PC, they are likely to spend more on the electricity than they
did for the machine in the first place.
--
Rob Stampfli	/ att.com!stampfli (uucp at work) / kd8wk at w8cqk (packet radio)
614-864-9377	/ osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu!kd8wk!res (uucp at home)