Questions about StarGROUP Software

Greg Porter porterg at csusac.csus.edu
Thu Oct 18 00:47:04 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct16.173745.18064 at mccc.uucp> pjh at mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>I'm in the process of installing StarGroup software (Version 3.2) on a
>386 running SV/386 R3.2.2 and a bunch of Zenith PCs running DOS, and
>have run into a couple of small things.
>
>1.  The "DOS Client Server Admin's Guide" mentions that it "...is
>possible to configure a computer as a concurrent client/server..." but
>neither it nor the "386 Server S/w Installation and Admin Guide" tell
>how to do this.

Simul-Task will only allow a concurent client/server to run dos programs
NOT access network resources like shared printers and shared directories.
In order to do both you need BOTH the Simul-Task 386 software AND the
"StarGROUP Software Simul-Task Client Interface Program".  We have found
that you need to use this only occasionally.  These two packages are big
cpu hogs which can really knock down system performance.

I hope this helps
--
| Greg Porter         |  UUCP:  ..ucdavis!csusac!porterg   -OR-               |
| CSU, Sacramento     |         ..ames!pacbell!sactoh0!csusac!porterg         |