No Passwd for nuucp

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Fri Oct 26 02:21:58 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct22.211639.14436 at mccc.uucp> pjh at mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>I'd like to have nuucp with no passwd for anonymous uucp possibilities
>but my SV/386 R3.2.2 insists on asking nuucp to choose a password!  How
>can I convince UNIX that nuucp doesn't need a password?

I think you need to disable the requirement for all logins.  Not that you
won't have password protection but any user will now be able to have a
null password if they want.  If this isn't a problem on your system then
look at /etc/default/login.  Add (or change) a line that says "PASSREQ=NO"
and you should have what you want.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   I support gun control.