AT&T 6300 Battery Replacement

SHANLEY at MAINE.BITNET SHANLEY at MAINE.BITNET
Tue Oct 23 03:42:45 AEST 1990

Date: Friday, 19 Oct 1990 09:46:42 EDT
From: <RICK at MAINE.BITNET>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.att
Subject: AT&T 6300 Battery Replacement

Could anyone out there tell me the easiest way to replace a
dead clock battery on the motherboard of a 6300 and if
there are any common problems to watch out for
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,   Rick Thibeault (Univer. of Maine at P.I.)

**************

Rick:

Put the thing on maint and then call the hotline.

I had the same problem and after receiving serveral batteries from the
hotline, they sent me a new mother board which now charges the batteries
just fine.

Kevin

Kevin Shanley                 shanley at umofm.umeofm.maine.edu
System Administrator          shanley at maine.maine.edu
Facilities Management         Fax    207-581-2673
University of Maine           Voice  207-581-2681
Orono, Maine  04469           "The Capacitor"