PostScript printers and StarLAN

Denis Beauchemin beauchem at terre.DMI.USherb.CA
Tue Oct 23 01:30:59 AEST 1990

Hi everybody,

This is my first posting to this newsgroup (in fact, it is my first attempt to
post anything using rn)...

I would like to know if anyone has successfully hooked up a PostScript printer
to a networked PC and printed on it.  When we put the printer in LaserJet
emulation, everything works fine, but whenever we put it in PostScript mode,
nothing works anymore...

Any suggestions?  We are running StarLAN 3.3 (and 3.2), and SVR3.2.2 on 6386
machines.  The printing seems to work OK when we put the printer directly on
the server, but stops working when we move it to a networked PC...

Please reply directly to me.  I will summarize to the net.

Denis Beauchemin,
Dir. R&D
Sisca Informatique.
beauchem at DMI.USherb.CA