Download to AT&T 630MTG "hanging"

Kenneth H. Jacker khj at uncecs.edu
Fri Oct 26 08:28:35 AEST 1990

We are having problems downloading a 630MTG application from a 3B2/500.

Everything worked fine on earlier versions of the application.  But
after adding more code, re-compiling, etc. the next download just
"hung."  I'll try and describe the symptoms a bit better ...

After issuing the "dmdld" command under "layers", the 630 clears the
window preparing itself for the download.  About half the time we've
tried it, the inverse "filling" during the download starts.  But after a
short while:  HANG!  No error messages are displayed.  The download
stops no matter how few (or many) windows are on the screen.

We've had some success when downloading without "layers", but we really
need "layers" for multiple windows and especially debugging.

The 630 executable file (a.out) is about 119K.  The application shows
about 27K text, 2K data and 23K bss for a total of about 52K.

I hope I've said enough to adequately describe the problem.  Any help
and/or suggestions of what to try are most appreciated!

Kenneth H. Jacker            Domain:   khj at ms.appstate.edu
Dept of Math Sciences                  khj at ecsvax.uncecs.edu
Appalachian State Univ
Boone, NC  28608             BITNET:   khj at appstate