HDB uucp with unix-pc and sun

Thomas J. Pusateri pusateri at duke.cs.duke.edu
Mon Oct 22 23:43:28 AEST 1990

I am having trouble establishing two way communication with HDB uucp.
If any one can suggest any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it them.
Basically, I have a ATT 3b1 3.51m running HDB uucp from THE STORE
connected to a SUN workstation SUNOS 4.1 running HDB uucp. I can
send files from the unix-pc to the sun without any problem but I can
never send files from the sun to the unix-pc. It doesn't matter who
initiates the connection, if the file is going from the unix-pc to
the sun it works.

However, if it is going from the sun to the unix-pc, I always get errors.
The error in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Admin/error looks like this
ASSERT ERROR (uucico)  pid: 316 (10/17-11:39:48) PKXSTART ret  (0)
[FILE: pk1.c, LINE: 331]

and the output in the audit file looks like the following. Anyone have
any good clues out there?

Thanks for any help

Tom Pusateri
Duke University

---------------------- audit file excerpt -----------------------------

imsg >^M^J^PShere=willow^@Login Successful: System=willow
omsg "Snbsr -x9"
imsg >^PROK^@msg-ROK
 Rmtname willow, Role MASTER,  Ifn - 7, Loginuser - root
rmesg - 'P' imsg >^PPge^@got Pge
wmesg 'U'g
omsg "Ug"
send CNTL, INITA, val 7
recv CNTL, INITA, val 3
send CNTL, INITB, val 1
state - [INIT code a] (01)
recv CNTL, INITB, val 1
send CNTL, INITC, val 7
state - [INIT code a]&[INIT code b] (03)
recv CNTL, INITC, val 3
state - [O.K.] (010)
Proto started g
*** TOP ***  -  role=1, setline - X
gtwvec: dir /var/spool/uucp/willow
insert(C.willowN7577)  insert C.willowN7577 at 0
        return - 8
Wfile - /var/spool/uucp/willow/C.willowN7577,Jobid = willowN7577
Request: nbsr!/etc/group --> willow!/usr/spool/uucppublic/group (root)
wrktype - S
 wmesg 'S' /etc/group /usr/spool/uucppublic/group root -dc D.0 644 root
send DATA, loc 1, rem 0
rmesg - 'S' recv CNTL, RR, val 1
state - [O.K.] (010)
send CNTL, RR, val 1
got SY
 PROCESS: msg - SY
SNDFILE:
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
send DATA, loc 3, rem 1
send SHORT, loc 4, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 1
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 2
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 3
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 4
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 5
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 6
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 7
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 8
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 9
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkcget: alarm 10
Alarm while looking for SYN -- request RXMIT
send DATA, loc 2, rem 1
pkgetpack failed after 10 tries
send DATA, loc 3, rem 1
send SHORT, loc 4, rem 1