Download to AT&T 630MTG "hanging"

Paul de Bra wsinpdb at wsinfo13.info.win.tue.nl
Mon Oct 29 21:43:23 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct26.201542.775 at eci386.uucp> woods at eci386.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:
>In article <1990Oct25.222835.14538 at uncecs.edu> khj at ms.appstate.edu writes:
>> We are having problems downloading a 630MTG application from a 3B2/500.
>>
>> Everything worked fine on earlier versions of the application.  But
>> after adding more code, re-compiling, etc. the next download just
>> "hung."  I'll try and describe the symptoms a bit better ...
>This seems to be a problem in either the download protocol, or in the
>xt(7) driver itself.  This is the first time I've heard of this
>problem occuring on the 630's.

I know this won't help, but I spent a fair amount of my time drinking coffee
while downloading large programs into a 630 during the past 2 years.

I have used this 630 either connected to a Vax through a datakit node or
a modem, and also connected to a 386 at 19200 baud through a straight cable.

The Vax was running the Ninth (later Tenth) edition Unix, and the 386
was running AT&T sVr3.2u. All downloads were while in layers or 630mux.

I have never ever had a hang, not even when downloading over a noisy
phone line. This suggests that the problem may have been in the 3b2.
(I have rarely used the 630 with a 3b2)

Paul.
(debra at research.att.com)