Download to AT&T 630MTG "hanging"

Paul Woodman woody at praxis.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 01:55:04 AEST 1990

>>In article <1990Oct25.222835.14538 at uncecs.edu> khj at ms.appstate.edu writes:
> We are having problems downloading a 630MTG application from a 3B2/500.
>>
>> Everything worked fine on earlier versions of the application.  But
>> after adding more code, re-compiling, etc. the next download just
>> "hung."  I'll try and describe the symptoms a bit better ...
>This seems to be a problem in either the download protocol, or in the
>xt(7) driver itself.  This is the first time I've heard of this
>problem occuring on the 630's.

 I dont know if this will solve your problem but I used to experience
 the very same symptoms when I had to work with these horrid terminals
 back at AT&T. It happended to me with both 5620 and 630 terminals and
 the secret was to set encoding to "on" in the setup menu. Failing that,
 use a sledgehammer or drop it out of the window, you will feel much
 better for it.

                                Paul Woodman

                                Praxis plc, Software Engineers,
 \          /           |       20 Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1PX, UK.
  \        / ___  ___  _|       Tel +44 225 444700 xt228
   \  /\  / /  / /  / / | \  /  Fax +44 225 465205, Telex 445848
    \/  \/ /__/ /__/ /__|  \/   woody at praxis.co.uk