turning off power to the monitor

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Sun Oct 7 11:25:52 AEST 1990

In unix-pc.general <1990Sep26.030226.1112 at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG>
	scott at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Scott Hazen Mueller) writes:

> I was wondering if there is a way install a switch to *safely* turn the power
> to the monitor off, while leaving the UNIX-PC up and running.

The following article, from late last year, discusses this subject, plus a
few others having to do with monitor failures.  I have not installed a switch
on my monitor myself, but am considering doing so.  Can anyone think of any
reason *not* to do so?

Gary