is a PD implementation of statfs() available anywhere?

David H. Brierley dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US
Sun Oct 7 01:06:03 AEST 1990

>So, does anyone know of PD statfs()?

I have started to work on a PD statfs call but I ran into a slight problem in
that I was not sure exactly what the call was supposed to do.  In general I
know that it returns info about a mounted file system but I'm not sure what
info it is supposed to return.  I looked through the "du" program that was
posted and determined what fields from the structure it was examining and
put togethor an include file and a library function that would fill in those
fields.  If anyone can send me a copy of the description of the statfs routine
then I can finish writing the routine and post it.

Of course, if someone already has a PD version of statfs that they are
willing to post I would gladly use that instead.  One drawback to the statfs
routine that I have started to write is that all the information you need to
know is contained in the file systems superblock.  This means that you either
have to be writing kernel level code so that you can access the incore copy
of the superblock or you have to have read access to the raw file system or
you have to figure out how to poke through the kernel memory and find the
incore copy of the superblock.

Anyway, when I finish my statfs routine I will post it and in the meantime I
have a *very crude* version which will work on the 3B1 (theoritically it should
work on any systemV) and will supply the fields required by the du program.
If you want a copy of this preliminary version, let me know and I will send
you a copy.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US    Work: dhb at quahog.ssd.ray.com