No Passwd for nuucp

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.uucp
Sun Oct 28 01:01:07 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct26.140812.14028 at cbnewsc.att.com> dcon at cbnewsc.att.com (david.r.connet) writes:
=In article <1990Oct25.155651.16447 at eci386.uucp>, woods at eci386.uucp (Greg A. Woods) writes:
=> In article <1990Oct22.211639.14436 at mccc.uucp> pjh at mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) writes:
=> > I'd like to have nuucp with no passwd for anonymous uucp possibilities
=> > but my SV/386 R3.2.2 insists on asking nuucp to choose a password!  How
=> > can I convince UNIX that nuucp doesn't need a password?
=>
	<Greg Woods' posting omitted>

Greg, I never did see the original of that posting, but the problem lies
in the Xenix-compatibility of SV/386 R3.2.2.

=
=Actually, the easiest way is to use the 'passwd' command.
=The '-d' option says no passwd.  Hence:
=	passwd -d nuucp
=(you just have to turn off aging now, which I'm not sure how.
=I just use the -x and -n options to set it forward a bit.)

	And of course you've edited the /etc/defaults/login file to
	remove the PASSREQ=YES line?

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math