Hayes modem auto-bauding

Marc Weinstein mhw at fithp.uucp
Sat Oct 20 09:39:11 AEST 1990

>From article <909 at gnosys.svle.ma.us>, by gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us (Gary S. Trujillo):
> In <1990Oct12.034821.7146 at fithp.uucp> mhw at fithp.uucp (Marc Weinstein) writes:
>
> [ concerning my article about replacing uugetty ]
>
> I think you missed the point.  With the new uugetty, you shouldn't need to
> send any BREAKs - ever!  The whole idea is to have the uugetty take care of
> matching the interface speed to the connection speed so you don't have to
> send BREAKs.

What's the 'new uugetty' you mention?  Is this the getty that was posted
to sources some time ago?  A five part shar?

Does your statement above imply that a) system A calls my system, b) system
A's modem looks for 1200 baud connect, my uugetty is set to 2400 baud, but
system A is able to get my modem to connect when the proper tone is sent,
c) my uugetty recognizes that the connection was made at 1200 baud and
it adjusts accordingly?  I assume this scenario requires that the modem
can auto-baud using various tones.

Marc Weinstein