att_7300 start up problems

Grant Balkema grant at g73.UUCP
Tue Oct 30 04:27:27 AEST 1990

I have finally picked up three 3B1's: one which boots up fine and
presents me with a login, one which continually cycles through reboot and
file damage, with what sounds like to me a drive reset sound, and one
which is DOA :-(   .  Each machine has a 67mByte drive, roughly 2
Mbytes RAM, and I think System 3?

The problems: Is there a way to go single user on the 3B1 that is presently
working?  Like a ^C during the booting process, I know that this works on my
PDP 11/73 2.9BSD? The problem is that I have no idea what the passwords
are?

On the second machine, is there a way to jump out of this infinite fsck
loop?

Can I beg, borrow, or buy any diagnostic, or software disks for these things?

grant balkema

--

		...harvard!g73!grant		(617) 552-8722
		...mirror!g73!grant