HP Laserjets, 3b2s, and STARLAN......

Wes Morgan morgan at ms.uky.edu
Mon Oct 22 23:26:19 AEST 1990

Some folks over in our Robotics Center are making brave attempts to
connect an HP LaserJet IId to a 3b2/600 running SVR3.2.2 and STARLAN
3.1.  Having followed the rather rudimentary instructions in the
various manuals, they were nonplussed to discover that no amount
of virtual thrashing could put the LaserJet into graphics mode.
Text can be printed, with minor difficulties......  They are using
a flow control cable from ERI.

If anyone has successfully mated these beasts under STARLAN, I'd
appreciate some information on your technique/patch/kludge/hack.....

As always, any huge influx of brilliant solutions will result in
a summary to the appropriate groups.  Kindly respond to any of
the email address below.

Best,
Wes

--
    | Wes Morgan, not speaking for | {any major site}!ukma!ukecc!morgan |
    | the University of Kentucky's |        morgan at engr.uky.edu         |