Bad memory on a 3b1

Charles A. Anderson caa at garnet.cdc.com
Tue Sep 18 07:52:42 AEST 1990

I'm having some problems with my 3b1, and it seems to be centered around
the memory in the system, but the diagnostic disk memory test does not show
any problems.  I think (and this is just a guess) that the bad memory is
underneath the diagnostic test, and the test does not show this.  What I'm
trying to find out is if anyone can tell me which chips on the motherboard
are the memory for this location.  NOTE: I have 2meg on the motherboard,
not the normal 512k.  The chips are socketed so I plan on pulling them out
and testing them in a pc memory board, and would rather not have to pull
all of the chips on the board.  If anyone has this information I would
greatly appreciate it if you could mail it to me since this machine doesn't
get unix-pc or c.s.att.

Thanks
	-Charlie

--