3b1 modem settings and cu/uucp

tanya katz tanya at adds.newyork.NCR.COM
Tue Sep 18 01:09:27 AEST 1990

I was trying to explain to my son at school how to set up cu to connect
to another machine, and after researching it, I am not sure about
how the modem setup gets transferred to cu.

We entered the system in the L.sys file and the phone number in the
L-dialcodes.

How does cu (or for that matter uucp) obtain the modem settings?
We have various modem profile files already created, but how does
cu know which setup to use?

I'm assuming it's done via the phone manager profile files,
but I would like to understand how these things inter-connect.

Anyone?

-Tanya

tanya.katz at adds.newyork.ncr.com  -OR- ...uunet!ncrlnk!adds!tanya
ADDS Inc, 100 Marcus Blvd, Hauppauge, NY 11788 - Tel: (516) 231-5400 x430