bad disk?

Marcus Gates marc at aplpy.jhuapl.edu
Wed Sep 5 23:25:49 AEST 1990

    After 3+ years something has gone wrong with my 7300.  All symptoms
point to no response from hard disk (20Mb type).  No matter which disk
diag I try to run I get message

	WINCHESTER DISK: Can't Recal, Response = 4

    Are there other tests that I can run which might provide more specific
pointers to problem?  Is the problem the disk or the controller? Help!!!!!
I would really not like to lose all of the files on the disk if it is
avoidable.

				marc gates
				johns hopkins applied physics lab, laurel, md
				UUCP: ...bpa!cp1!aplcen!aplvax!marc
				Internet: marc at aplpy.jhuapl.edu