More RAM for my 7300

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.att.com
Thu Sep 13 20:35:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep10.015819.952 at ncoast!calvin>, mark at ncoast!calvin (Mark A. Fleming) writes:
[]
>      Supposedly, this same process could be applied to the .5M RAM
> expansion board which the jumbo (1M RAM, 20M HD) 7300's came with.
> For years, I've been planning to do this to my own 7300 when time and
> money permitted.  If anyone can track down the original instructions and
> repost them, it would be of great service to those who own one of the
> earlier model 7300's.

not all 1m/20m 7300s came this way -- mine didn't.  it also had a
different motherboard -- patch wires and etch cuts instead of ram
jumpers.

i've never seen instructions posted for the ram board posted.
it can be upgraded, though; i did it.
the hardest part was finding the information on the 4 jumpers near the
face plate of the board -- i called *everybody* within at&t and
*noone* could tell me diddly!  the net finally enlightened me (;^>):
3 of the jumpers have 3 holes -- cut the etch and jump the center to
the other side.

--
Ragged Individualist	| 	You just have _N_O idea!  It's the difference    |