6300 parts

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.UUCP
Tue Sep 18 04:00:41 AEST 1990

In article <RICK at MAINE.BITNET>, RICK at MAINE.BITNET writes:
> Does anyone know where I can get motherboards to put in as
> replacements in the 6300 either with a good price or with
> a trade in process for the nonfuctional board or a place
> that fixes broken boards.  Could you also quote me some
> prices.  Thanks in advance.

You can exchange most AT&T computer product parts by the following
somewhat convoluted process...

Call the Data Systems Support Hotline at 800 922 0354 and tell them
you need the comcode for the 6300 motherboard.  They should give you
a nine-digit number.  (There were several motherboards, the latest
of which has 640 k of RAM.)

Next, call the National Parts Sales Center at 800 222 PART and give
them the nine-digit number you got from the support line.  Tell them
you want to exchange your non-working old one.  They'll sell you a
replacement board, and tell you where to ship the old one.  They
accept American Express in payment, if you don't have an account
with AT&T.

--
Dave Levenson			Voice: 908 647 0900  Fax: 908 647 6857
Westmark, Inc.			UUCP: {uunet | rutgers | att}!westmark!dave