EPORTS Hardware Hand Shaking

Gunsul prg at mgweed.UUCP
Sat Feb 2 09:16:52 AEST 1991

In article <5258.27A7B3ED at onebdos.oneb.wimsey.bc.ca>, Robb.Thomas at f1.n684.z89.oneb.onebdos.UUCP (Robb Thomas) writes:
<
<    I am trying to figure out a way to make my the EPORTS card in my 3B2/400
< (running System V Release 3.2) do hardware handshaking.  It is a very easy
< matter to make the EPORTS card use HARDWARE in a sh/ksh environment by
< using the "epstty hfc" command.
<
<    But in a UUCP environment, with uucico as the shell program, you don't run
< any shell scripts, and the /etc/gettydefs doesn't have any provisions for
< hardware flow control...  (unless I am missing something?)
<                                             ----- Robb ----
< ---
<  * Origin: Sir HackAlot's Castle, Port Alberni, B.C. (89:684/1) (89:684/1)
< --
<         Robb Thomas - via IMEx node 89:681/1
<         Robb.Thomas at f1.n684.z89.oneb.onebdos.UUCP

I ran into this same problem with EPORTS some time ago Robb, from what I
can remember when the getty 'respawns', your nice hardware handshaking
is overwritten.  I remember scratching my head over this for some time.
I think I was able to get the "epstty hfc" into the inittab file, but
really don't remember.  It will be interesting to see if anyone else
comes up with an answer to this question.

I saw the source for some type of "getty" posted not too long ago.
Maybe that would be the place to attack the problem..

Phil