EPORTS Hardware Hand Shaking

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Sun Feb 3 07:21:49 AEST 1991

Robb.Thomas at f1.n684.z89.oneb.onebdos.UUCP (Robb Thomas) writes:

>Howdy,
>   I am trying to figure out a way to make my the EPORTS card in my 3B2/400
>(running System V Release 3.2) do hardware handshaking.  It is a very easy
>matter to make the EPORTS card use HARDWARE in a sh/ksh environment by
>using the "epstty hfc" command.

>   But in a UUCP environment, with uucico as the shell program, you don't run
>any shell scripts, and the /etc/gettydefs doesn't have any provisions for
>hardware flow control...  (unless I am missing something?)

I wrote a C program to set harware flow control and exec uucico (uucico.hfc).
I set up uucp's login shell to be uucico.hfc.  Now when uucp logs in,
uucico.hfc sets HFC and execs uucico.  Viola.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

Look closely at the return address.  It is nanovx and NOT nanovAx.