WIN-TCP Problem on 3B2/500

Dave Rubin drubin at prism.poly.edu
Tue Feb 26 08:41:52 AEST 1991

We are running Wollongong's WIN-TCP Version 3.0.1 on a 3B2/500 which is
running System V Release 3.2.1.

We are experiencing several annoying problems, most which have been around
since the earliest versions of WIN-TCP: unstable network connections that
are closed for no reason, daemon's (mostly sendmail) going into bad states,
not accepting connections or producing file-related errors, streams
functions failing on various programs, system crashes due to Kernel MMU
fault, NFS/OpenLook totally broken.  Lately we cannot even get sendmail
to work at all (although it does work on another almost identical 3B2/500).
Needless to say, the situation is unacceptable.

I have heard that version 3.2 of WIN-TCP has been released.  Does anyone know
if this latest version fixes any of the problems stated above?  Or do I
need to look into an alternative to these 3B2 systems that can't seem to
behave themselves on the network?

Any help would be appreciated...

--
Dave Rubin