Help with 3B2/300

Harry Sharp sharp at snuffleupagus.csd.scarolina.edu
Mon Feb 11 10:22:59 AEST 1991

I have a most perplexing problem that I hope someone out there can help
me solve:

I am in possession of a 3B2/300 (ok, groan now) which appears to be in
fine working order *except* for the fact that I can't get in.  The system
was set up in our College of Public Health some years ago and left to
gather dust since no one wanted it.  I would like to use it, but I can't
get in to update software or even log on.

I have tried pressing the Reset button to force a boot from the floppy, but
this does not get the desired response.  All i get is a system error message
and a rerun of the diagnostics.

Is there a way in to a system such as this?  Or should I simply put it
in my pile of trade-in equipment?

Harry Sharp
sharp at snuffleupagus.csd.scarolina.edu