6300 networking

Bob E. Hetzel beh at po.CWRU.Edu
Sun Feb 3 14:59:42 AEST 1991

In a previous article, hashemi at leadsv.UUCP (Rahmat O. Hashemi) says:

>Howdy net.folk. A friend is trying to get some 6300 systems
>networked using Novel Netware. Is this possible? Anyone out there
>has done it? Can you shed some lite on the subject please?

it can be done, but there are memory conflicts of
some sort with the standard at&t starlan fiber card
that we use here at case western reserve univ.  we
have fixed the problem by using 3com cards that have
onboard memory.  cabletron cards also work (at least on
a 6300+) .

--
A Surgical Strike, We've taught them not to feel
Performance is their task