3b2/310 bad block table failure

James Edwards jed at milton.u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 19 12:34:56 AEST 1991

The semi-retired 3b2/310 in my Wife's office has developed several bad
blocks, of course just before they finished taking the data they need
off of it. They have a current back-up, but the /usr2 directory has
gone bad.
	When I try to repair this by logging the new bad blocks using
/etc/hdefix it doesn't work. The bad block table is at block 89, which
is one of the bad blocks. Thus I don't seem to be able to log the bad
block since the bad block table is bad. The manual says that I can do it
though. Oh well.
	Any suggestions? I'd rather not reformat the hard disk and
start over since I don't know that much about 3b2's.

thanks in advance
Jim Edwards
jed at milton.u.washington.edu