The KORN SHELL

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Mon Jan 14 21:59:21 AEST 1991

wwm at wa8tzg.mi.org (Bill Meahan) in <1991Jan14.011752.2384 at wa8tzg.mi.org>
writes:

	[...]
	I **THOUGHT** something seemed amiss here since (the last I'd heard)
	ksh88e was a commercial product.  Someone at OSU should be more
	careful!  the 'receive' directory was world-accessible (777) so that
	anyone who logged in that day (or until it was discovered and removed)
	could have slurped up a copy!  [For the file police - I DID NOT THEN
	OR EVER DO THAT!!!!]

	I'm quite glad that this has been straightened up.  Hate to get anyone
	in trouble but I'd also hate to see the OSU archives become
	unavailable!

Whew!  You're not kidding.  And I should have remembered from my signing onto
the Toolchest last year that when one orders something the order is shipped
via uucp to a site of one's choosing.

If someone has Karl Kleinpaste's email address handy, he should be advised of
this to PREVENT any problems in the future; seems like "maybe" a simple umask
change is all that's required to prevent us all from getting more gray hairs
over the thought of losing a resource like osu-cis.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com ]