3b1 BOF in Dallas?

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.ssdl.com
Tue Jan 1 05:33:03 AEST 1991

In article <1103 at galaxia.Newport.RI.US> dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US (David H. Brierley) writes:
>probably give a presentation on how I adapted the ICUS 2 disk upgrade to
>suit my requirements and maybe others can do the same so everyone can
>compare notes.  (just to whet your appetite, I built the ICUS upgrade as a
>printed circuit board that plugged directly into the socket on the mother
>board.  come to the BOF and hear all the details and get a copy of the
>schematics!

I'm not trying to sound like I'm policing the upgrade plans much, but
what exactly are you planning to give out when you give out these
schematics?  I couldn't imagine that the schematic for the PC board
could be much different than the one that you'd use for a board that
was connected to the motherboard with wires.  I'm not incredibly concerned
with presenting of ideas about the upgrade, but I am concerned with
copying the plans without at least letting me know first, particularly
because those who did pay for the plans might be a tad disappointed.

I'll post an update later about whether I will actually be at USENIX
this year.  The problem that Lenny and I both have really has nothing to
do with the lack of desire to be there, but more that we just moved and
started new jobs, and find it difficult to get to USENIX for various
reasons.  I'm still thinking about whether I'll be able to make it or
not.

--
Gil Kloepfer, Jr.              gil at limbic.ssdl.com   ...!ames!limbic!gil
Southwest Systems Development Labs (Div of ICUS)   Houston, Texas