LP solver needed

Donald Kindred kindred at ea.ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Jan 22 09:36:55 AEST 1991

I am searching for an LP solver to use as a lower cost alternative
to LINDO or MINOS.  I'm looking for the following capabilities:
	-  reads standard MPS format files
	-  capable of supporting 1000 constraints and 2000 variables,
	    sparse  matrix
	-  available for IBM PC, AT&T 3B1, 3B2, NCR Tower XP, and
	    modern RISC machines.  If source is available, this
	    requirement is moot.
	-  low cost, or public domain.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Please respond via
email... if there is enough interest, I will summarize.
Don Kindred			| Internet:	kindred at acn.purdue.edu
Software Engineer		|
ACN, Purdue University		| Phone:	(317)494-0120