Brownouts, shorts, explosions and the unix pc.

Pete Hardie pete at nyet.UUCP
Wed Jan 9 14:00:21 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan6.103604.13477 at ims.alaska.edu> floyd at ims.alaska.edu (Floyd Davidson) writes:
>There are many suitable anti-static solutions.  You can buy one
>labeled as such and pay for the label.  You can use something like
>409 cleaner (that is what I use) diluted.  Or go to a photo store
>and buy a small bottle of FotoFlow.

A good idea is to use somewhat diluted fabric softener, if it's one of the
brands that will reduce 'static cling'.  We used it at a previous job when
static charges kept causing resets every time we touched the tape drive.
You spray it on the carpet to prevent buildup while walking.

Those dryer sheets are rumors to work well, too.

--
Pete Hardie             mail: ...!emory!stiatl!slammer!nyet!pete
"Well, Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable,