WD2010 / Intel 82062 (Now 82064)

Brian D. Botton botton at i88.isc.com
Fri Jan 11 16:53:29 AEST 1991

In article <9101090322.AA00300 at ceilidh> dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com writes:

>	Well, my copy of the 1989 Intel Microprocessor and Peripheral
>Handbook (Vulume II - Peripherals) on page 8-1 says (about half-way down)
>says:
>
>"The 82064 is a CHMOS version of the Western Digital WD2010.  It is an
>upgrade to the Western Digital WD1010A-05 Winchester Disk Controller, and
>inclueds un-chip ECC, support for drives with up to 2k tracks, ..."
>
>NOTE: this is the 82064, not the 82062.  My book doesn't know about the
>82062.

  My copy of the 1990 Peripherals handbook has the 82064 in it and yes indeed,
it does appear that there is another source of hard disk controller chips
available.  I checked the pinout of the 82064 against the WD1010 and all the
signals appear to be the same.  I didn't check timing diagrams.

  Does anyone happen to have one of these lying around?  It sure would
be nice to know if they do work.

--
   _][_n_n___i_i ________  *******		Brian D. Botton