Suggestions on placing a 3B2/300 into a Tower case.

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Jan 27 12:29:39 AEST 1991

ibarra at DPW.COM (Michael Ibarra) in <3006 at esquire.dpw.com> writes:

	I would like to hear from anyone who has attempted using a tower case
	for their 3B2/300 or 310. I would really be interested in knowing
	which case you had used and what problems you may have encountered. I
	really wish to do this for cosmetic purposes and to remove it from my
	desktop while still having it nearby.

I would strongly urge you to consider a very easy solution: get the upright
mounting base (as sold for Mac II or IBM-PC/AT systems) and simply clamp them
to your 3B2 case and stand it on the floor.  From my recollection of the case
for the 3B2/310, this should be NO problem at all!

The bases "should" be around $20 for a set.  Some are fixed-size and some are
adjustable, but, in general, look like (cross-section):

	___/_______\___

And are attached to a computer like so:

	    |     |
	    |     |
	    |     |

They work well and free up a LOT of desk space.  You can get even more desk
space by mounting your monitor on one of those suspension-arm assemblies so it
"floats" above your desk, but those arms cost around $100+ or so.

All the above are available in most computer stores and mail-order catalogs.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com ]