To BNU or not to BNU

Dave Glowacki daveg at pwcs.StPaul.GOV
Tue Apr 26 03:34:47 AEST 1988

In OSx 4.1, Pyramid extended 4.3BSD UUCP to include support for Telebits.
What exactly was done?

I'd really like to move our UUCP traffic over to BNU, if only to have
uucleanup, but if the Trailblazer stuff is significant, I'd probably
end up sticking with 4.3's UUCP.  Is it possible to get uucleanup
to work on 4.3 UUCP files?  This is the thing I'd like most from BNU,
but I don't want to mess around with it here, since we have 20-30K of
mail and 5-10Megs of news flowing through every day.

Also, are there any plans to bring in uugetty?  Is the fact that you need
the att init/getty/login stuff the major reason for not including it?
--
Dave Glowacki     ...!{amdahl|hpda}!bungia!pwcs!daveg     daveg at pwcs.StPaul.GOV